Golf with me

 This past Monday was a day I will never forget and here's why!

This past Monday my friends and I decided it was in our best interest to take advantage of the beautiful weather in the winter. Monday was around 55 degrees and there was not a cloud in the sky. My buddy Jevin is on the golf team here at Ohio Northern and loves to take advantage of the opportunity to go out and golf nine holes. Before we made our descent to Colonial Golf Course, we had the amazing idea of playing a two vs. one best ball scramble. This was a horrible idea! AJ and I are not even close enough to compete with Jevin, let alone play against him.

Once we got to Colonial me and AJ were ready to beat Jevin, we had been smack talking him before we got there just to try and get in his head. Safe to say it didn't work at all, Jevin went on a one-man golf adventure, birding hole after hole. AJ and I were getting extremely nervous, we aren't the best golfers but we are the worst, but on Monday It was safe to say we were the worst golfers out on the golf course.

After about five holes is when AJ and I decided, we weren't going to win this scramble. We were tired of losing hole after hole, something had to change. As we approach the sixth hole we knew we had to whip something up in order to even have a chance at making the ultimate comeback of the century. I get up to the Tee box, looking down the field and knowing we must make something happen or Jevin is going to win this scramble. I can't lose! I hate the idea of losing especially when It's two vs one. 

Needless to say, we didn't capitalize, I shanked the ball 30 yards down the field. At this point me and AJ were done. No fight left, me and AJ admitted defeat and Jevin won. This experience wasn't just about winning, it was about being with my friends, I am thankful for the opportunity to go have fun with them!




Comments

  1. Blake, it is awesome you took advantage of the nice weather! However, I would never ever willingly play golf. I can run, play basketball, and lift, but I cannot hit a golf ball if my life depended on it. On the other hand, I enjoy going to TopGolf and you should absolutely go there if have not been before. The snacks are awesome and the pods are heated so you can go in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a nice course. I was looking to bring my clubs up after spring break to play a round or two in my spare time if I ever find any. If you guys go out again it'd be fun to come along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend In Middlebury

My weekend In cincinatti

Baking cakes with Blake