Another Day Another Dollar

 

  This week in class, we discussed the process of building a blog and how to express who you are through your writing. I find this to make sense in many ways and here's why...

I learned when writing a blog post, you need to strategize around your target audience. People want to see what's going on in others' lives, including the good and the bad. In this course, we discussed how to target and engage with our desired audiences. I took a course in high school called "Social Media and how it Influences." What I took from both courses is how blogs are a good way for individuals to put themselves out there for the world to see. Writers want their readers to engage and care about what opinions or thoughts they have to share. Influencers use so different forms of social media, including blogging outlooks, to build their media presence. 


After learning how to target and engage with our target audiences, we also talked about what blogs should look like and how to catch to viewers eye. This is important because you want to catch the reader's attention by portraying your blog as clean cut, with authentic styles to show who you are through your writing. Some things you can include in your blog to relate to the readers can be your hobbies, recent travels or life updates.

My key takeaway from this chapter is to build a blog allowing the audience to dive in to and look at what I have to say. I learned there are a lot of blogs out there with similar looks, "how can I use my blogs to separate myself from the others?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend In Middlebury

My weekend In cincinatti

Baking cakes with Blake