Weekend In Middlebury

 This past weekend was an amazing refresher and a great time to show my friend Jevin where I grew up. 

This past Friday I decided it was time for me to go home to see my friends and family. My journey home started at about three PM on Friday, my drive home is approximately two hours and a straight shot there. Thankfully this time I had some company on my drive home, driving two hours without anyone except you in the car can sometimes be incredibly boring. Jevin wanted to see what my hometown is like, let me tell you he was shocked! I come from a predominantly Amish community, yes you heard right, Amish land. 

My area is also home to the biggest recreational vehicle manufacturers in the country. On our way there we had some close calls, semi-trucks flying past us going ninety miles an hour is scary, especially when the wind is pushing your car towards them. I somehow managed to hit a huge towing strap in the middle of the highway halfway home, I thought I completely destroyed my wheel but I thankfully didn't. Once we got to Middlebury, I was Happy to see my parents and my brother. It's always nice to spend quality time with loved ones for the weekend, especially since not very much goes on in Ada over the weekends. 

I have a passion for being outdoors when I'm home, Its the only place I love to cook and watch television outside. I love to grill out when I'm home because my brother is a phenomenal cook, he can whip up anything on the spot for anyone and it will always be unreal good. 

At the End of the Saturday night Jevin and I went to to my best friend's new house which he owns and hung out with him and his roommate who happens to be his first. We relaxed for the night watching movies and watching some NBA while we were at it! Sadly Sunday morning it was time to pack up and make our way back to Ada so we could make it to classes on Monday morning. In all it was so nice to be away for a weekend, I highly recommend it if you need time away from people and classes!



Comments

  1. It's good to hear that you had a good few days away from Ada. Unfortunately, the weekends feel so short when you leave campus for that time. Your time away sounded really fun, despite the drive there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story! Being able to see family is always a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My weekend In cincinatti

Baking cakes with Blake